March 16, 2010

Win or Go Home

It’s do or die for two teams today. Team 1 and Team 3 both face elimination games today as each team is down 0-1 in the best of three series. “I live for moments like this. I am going to take this game over”, said Eric Gustafson from Team 3. While Gustafson was confident after game 1’s loss, some of his other teammates weren’t so optimistic. It was reported by a Conseco Fieldhouse security guard, that Jake Vernon was overheard last week in the locker room saying, “You know what the sad thing is? I am just not good anymore”.

The intensity of the playoffs and the long 7 day break between games has spurred a great deal of trash talking over the course of the week:

Edmound Elzy – “I guarantee we are not playing on Friday – this series is OVER


Hanson Wong – “I dare them to give me that open look again – I’m not missing that shot again”

Sam Elmore – “No one is coming in the lane today – you come in the lane you will meet the floor. We must protect this house!!”

Troy Brokl – “If this is our last game of the season, then I am going out slinging the rock. I’m going to get mine”.

Greg Smith – “Get me the ball and the game is over – this kid (Kreutzinger) was in diapers when I first started dunking on cats”.

Dave Neff – “You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody”

Nathan Burger “You will never see someone push someone as hard as I will push Evans today if he comes in the lane’

Jake Vernon – “I have something for Elzy that he has never seen before”

Misc Notes:

Brian Stutzman is questionable for today’s game after an intense 16 minute P90X ab workout last night

Jake Vernon listed as probable for today’s game after suffering from extreme cramping after his 5K race on Sunday

Edmound Elzy is active despite a sore back. Elzy has battled this injury all season long as a result of carrying his team on his back the entire season.

Eric Flatt is questionable after forgetting his hair product. “No way I am playing if I can’t do my hair afterwards”

No comments:

Post a Comment