October 6, 2011

PFOL 6 Finals Game 2

Team 1 – 54

Team 4 – 49

Indianapolis – Immediately after the final buzzer of the PFOL Finals Game 2 sounded Edmound Elzy’s teammates mobbed him and congratulated him. Elzy had finally won a ring. Up until that moment only him and Kyle Krol were the only PFOL players to play all 6 seasons without winning a championship.

Elzy’s Team 1, swept Team 4 in two games to capture the title. Edmound Elzy was named MVP of the Finals. Seconds after the final buzzer sounded, Elzy ran out of the arena and into the locker room area. “I needed to be alone and have my Dirk moment”, said Elzy. He then showered and left without so much as a team picture.

A day later, Elzy commented on his accomplishment.

“This is the best team I have been on in my career. There was seasons where my 2nd best player was Alex Montagano. I’ll let you figure out how those season ended up. I am glad that I won my ring and now I can go back to do doing what I do best, scoring and not passing”, said Elzy.

A disgusted Andrew Boehner was visibly upset after the game. “MVP? I should have won MVP. I was the glue that kept that team together”, said Boehner.

MISC Notes

  • This PFOL Finals was the lowest attended Finals in PFOL history. “That’s because the best team wasn’t playing in the Finals”, said Alan Mowrey
  • Tamba Samba vowed to get basketball shoes for PFOL 7. He played in ragged running shoes the entire season.
  • Kyle Krol has guaranteed that he will win a ring next season.
  • Rob Laycock has signed an endorsement deal with Stromgren Athletic Compression Apparel http://www.stromgren-store.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment