June 15, 2010

McAlister's Deli Game Summary - Week 3

Deemer's Dream Team - 63
McAlister's Deli - 57

Both teams came into Tuesday's game looking for their first win of the season. Things looked good for McAlister's Deli as they built a 16 point lead at 45-29 early in the second half.

Then Richie Smith took over. Smith hit 3 three pointers in a row as his team went on an amazing 18-0 run to go up 47-45. Deemer's Dream Team never trailed again winning 63-57.

"The basket looked like a hula-hoop. I felt like everything I threw up was going in" said Smith. "This was the first time I have played since our loss in the finals last season, I'm just glad I had my stroke still".

Elzy had 22 and Eric Flatt had 12 points and 18 rebounds in the loss.

Vance Catlin scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds and Richie ended up with 16 and 10.

Abusement Park - 48
Brute Force - 46

Alex Montagano hit a three pointer with .04 seconds left to give Abusement Park a 48-46 win over Brute Force. In his PFOL debut, Marcus Hall scored 12 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.

Abusement Park needed Montagano's shot after they found themselves down by 1 after Jason McGuinness scored a layup with 12 seconds left.

Brute Force struggled to get good looks all night and had a league high 21 turnovers.

After grabbing 15 rebounds in week 2, Jason McGuinness didn't grab one rebound in week 3.
"I was shocked when I saw the score sheet. I can't believe he didn't get one board. Even with this loss I still think we are the best team in the league and once we get a few more games played together we are going to be tough to beat", said Alan Mowrey

1 comment:

  1. Dave Neff does an excellent job at blocking out from the the wings and top of the key where I guarded him all game. = 0 defensive rebounds.

    I couldn't even get across halfcourt before a shot was put up = 0 offensive rebounds



    Also, I remember getting 3 or 4 boards but probably only had about 10 last week and was credited for 15 so it all evens out. No complaints here.

    ReplyDelete